Unoccupied Commercial Property Insurance

Our unoccupied commercial property policy has been designed to meet the needs of the owners of unoccupied commercial property who need empty property insurance.

There may be many reasons why a property is unoccupied and we are able to cater for all– whether pending sale, let or undergoing renovation or conversion works.

Cover is available for all types of commercial property, including shops, offices and industrial units for buildings insurance and public liability. The level of cover provided will depend on the individual circumstances and we do ask that you inspect the property regularly and that you turn off the mains services.

If you let your empty commercial property, we can transfer cover to a commercial property owners policy for you without any fuss and in the majority of cases, you will receive a refund of premium.

If your empty commercial property is sold, you will also receive a refund if the policy is cancelled within the first eight months of the current period of insurance.

Click here to get a quote

Commercial empty property insurance policies standard benefits provides cover for damage caused by the following:

  • Fire, smoke, lightning, explosion, earthquake
  • Aircraft and other flying objects dropped from them
  • Impact by vehicles, trains, animals
  • Falling trees or branches, telegraph poles or lamp-posts
  • Breakage or collapse of radio or TV aerials, fixed satellite dishes, their fittings or masts
  • Flood
  • Storm
  • Escape of water or oil from fixed tanks, apparatus or pipes
  • Frost damage to fixed water tanks, apparatus and pipes
  • Theft/attempted theft or holdup
  • Riot, civil commotion, strikes, labour and political disturbances
  • Malicious persons or vandals
  • Accidental breakage of fixed glass, sanitaryware, cermic hobs and solar panels
  • Accidental damage to underground services
  • Up to 20% of the building sum insured for loss of rent
  • Terrorism cover is optional and may be included at your request

Please note that cover may be restricted in certain circumstances such as property undergoing building/conversion/renovation works or long term unoccupancy.

Related Links: Commercial property owners insurance Unoccupied residential property

Get a free quote

Andrew Copeland
Insurance Consultants Ltd

Tel: 020 8656 2544
Fax: 020 8655 1271


Andrew Copeland Insurance Consultants Ltd and
Andrew Copeland International Ltd are authorised and regulated by the FCA