Fixtures and Fittings

If you are the leaseholder of a flat and are not responsible for the buildings insurance, we can insure your fixtures and fittings if these are not covered by the buildings insurance.

Fixtures and fittings cover is available if you live in your flat, or if you let the flat to tenants and need Landlord Home insurance for contents and / or cover for fixtures and fittings.

You simply need to provide us with the details and cost of the items you would like covered and they can be added to the policy without any fuss. The policy will automatically include liability cover associated with the fixtures and fittings cover you have requested. If your flat is let to tenants, we can also include cover for loss of rent.

We think that our Property Protection insurance policy provides the widest possible cover and is one of the best on the market – but don’t take our word for it, to see what we have to offer click here to download a policy summary.

Click here to get a quote.

All fixtures and fittings policies include cover for damage caused by the following:

  • Fire, smoke, earthquake, explosion, lightning
  • Aircraft, and other flying objects or anything dropped from them
  • Riot, civil commotion, strikes and labour or political disturbances
  • Impact by vehicles, trains, animals
  • Breakage or collapse of radio or TV aerials, fixed satellite dishes their fittings or masts
  • Falling trees or branches
  • Theft/attempted theft
  • Malicious acts or vandalism
  • Flood
  • Escape of water or oil from any fixed domestic water or heating installation or appliance
  • Subsidence, landslip or heave
  • Storm

All policies include the following extra benefits:

  • Malicious damage by tenants
  • Theft by tenants
  • £5,000,000 occupiers liability
  • Accidental breakage of glass tops and fixed glass in furniture, ceramic glass in cooker hobs and mirrors
  • Accidental damage to TV, video, audio, computer equipment (when contents insured)
  • Loss of metered water (when contents insured)
  • Replacement locks and keys (when contents insured)
  • Loss of rent – up to 20% of the sum insured (following the operation of an insured event)
  • Legal advice and domestic assistance helpline

Related Links: UK landlord insurance Landlords legal expenses Rent guarantee Landlord’s home emergency Flats, apartments, maisonettes

Get a free quote

Andrew Copeland
Insurance Consultants Ltd

Tel: 020 8656 2544
Fax: 020 8655 1271


Andrew Copeland Insurance Consultants Ltd and
Andrew Copeland International Ltd are authorised and regulated by the FCA