Flats, Apartments and Maisonettes

Cover is available for flats, maisonettes and apartments that are tenanted, occupied by the leaseholder or unoccupied.

As experienced property owners underwriters, we understand that situations can be varied for flats, maisonettes and apartments, but whether you are the leaseholder, freeholder or landlord we can help.

Cover is available for:

  • Buildings insurance for you as the leaseholder of your flat
  • Buildings insurance for you as the freeholder of a house conversion into flats or maisonettes (up to 10 flats)
  • Buildings insurance for you as the freeholder of a purpose built block of flats (up to 10 flats)
  • Landlord's contents insurance for flats and maisonettes whether you are the leaseholder or the freeholder

If you are the leaseholder of a flat and are not responsible for the buildings insurance, we can insure your fixtures and fittings if these are not covered by the buildings insurance. Fixtures and fittings cover is available if you live in the flat or if you let the flat to tenants and need Landlord Home insurance for contents and / or fixtures and fittings.

We believe that our Property Protection insurance policy provides the widest possible cover and is one of the best available in the market. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our policies to provide the best possible service to our customers. Don’t take our word for what we can offer, Click here for a policy summary.
Click Here for a quote.

All policies include the following cover as standard:

  • Accidental damage (buildings)*
  • Malicious damage by tenants
  • Theft by tenants
  • Trace and access
  • Unauthorised use of services
  • Unauthorised alterations
  • Emergency access
  • Damage to landscaped gardens by the emergency services
  • Accidental damage to CCTV systems
  • Fire extinguisher cover
  • £5,000 contents cover free to curtains, carpets, blinds, white goods
  • £5,000,000 property owners or occupiers liability
  • Accidental breakage of solar panels
  • Accidental breakage of fixed glass, sanitary ware and underground pipes and cables
  • Accidental breakage of ceramic glass in cooker hobs and built in units
  • Accidental damage to TV, video, audio, computer equipment (when contents insured)
  • Loss of metered water (when contents insured)
  • Replacement locks and keys (When contents insured)
  • Loss of rent – up to 20% of the sum insured (following the operation of an insured event)
  • Legal advice and domestic assistance helpline

Related Links: UK landlord insurance Landlord’s fixtures and fittings Landlord’s legal expenses Rent guarantee Landlord’s home emergency

Get a free quote

Andrew Copeland
Insurance Consultants Ltd

Tel: 020 8656 2544
Fax: 020 8655 1271


Andrew Copeland Insurance Consultants Ltd and
Andrew Copeland International Ltd are authorised and regulated by the FCA